Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello 2009 !!

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." - Edith Lovejoy Pierce

I just did a quick peek at the year 2008 and here are somethings that I will remember from the previous year ....

1. India - US sign the landmark N deal
2. Obama's Victory speech .
3. Transition time for the Indian cricket , retirement of two biggest stars of Indian cricket : Saurav Gnaguly and Anil kumble
4. Indian gold medal at Olympics.
5. Global Financial crisis.
6. Chandrayaan: Moon mission
7. Mumbai attack .

Well on the personal front another year has just passed by and I was just thinking how to describe the past year... not really most beautiful year of my life but I would say it as the Most happening year of my life !!

2008 was the year when,

I quit my first job in the software industry and joined DE Shaw.

I started this blog.

I read more number of novels , that I would have read in all my previous years put together.

I bought my first laptop.

I watched the most number of TV series , that I would have watched at my four years at college.

I again was not able to crack CAT exam to get into the IIM's.

I drunk and visited more pubs and partied more than I would have ever done.

I realized the more you learn the less you know.

" A lot to remember and lot to forget was the year 2008 for me !! "

2 comments:

veikiin said...

Nice post dudeness.. :-)

The quote, "The more you learn, the less you know" is inspiring.:D

CAT plays hide and seek, so does life. Lets play on !

Apurva Agarwal said...

@Vikram

Thanks dude !! Well for CAT I guess its just playing hide with me !! :D